What is TravelSIM?
TravelSIM is an easy to use prepaid service, designed to greatly reduce the cost of using your mobile phone when travelling overseas.
With TravelSIM you get a new international number (not a NZ number) and SIM card that you place in your existing handset and use everytime you go overseas.
TravelSIM has great international roaming rates for calls, text and data and is the perfect travel companion to take overseas.
- Low cost international roaming in over 190 countries
- Prepaid, so you control your travel costs – NO SURPRISES!
- Just one contact number for all the countries you travel to
- No contract, no minimum spend, no hidden charges
- Easy and secure options to recharge in New Zealand dollars
- Family and friends can send unlimited free SMS to your TravelSIM
- Use your existing mobile phone handset
- Free to receive calls in over 115 countries
- Diversion – keep your existing phone number!
- Voicemail – including voicemail to email
- Discounted TravelSIM to TravelSIM calling rates* - Click here for more information
- Personal Assistant Service – 24/7
- Toll free number for family and friends to call you on
- Handset Top-up – click here for a top-up guide
- European Data - $1 per MB in most of Europe!
- Micro SIM cards now available – What does this mean?
*Note: discounted rates only for certain countries. Click here for more info.
Check your mobile for coverage while travelling
Check TraveSIM has coverage and that your mobile phone handset will work in the countries you are travelling to:
If you can't find your handset on the list please email email@example.com with the;
- Handset make and model
- The IMEI number of your handset (to find the IMEI press *#06#)
Please note: (please note that some old Telecom NZ CDMA handsets will not work outside of New Zealand).
Check that your handset is unlocked:
Most New Zealand handsets are not network locked. However, network locking can be removed by contacting your service provider.
TravelSIM also has a range of Value Added Services that will turn any ordinary Kiwi into an expert traveller.