TravelSIM Holdings Pty Ltd (ACN 147450413) ("TravelSIM") is committed to adopting the highest standards to safeguard our customers` personal information.
TravelSIM, like almost every person, business or oganisation operating in New Zealand, is bound by the Privacy Act 1993.
TravelSIM's policy on the collection, use and disclosure of personal information is set out below:
What Personal Information does TravelSIM collect and why?
TravelSIM collects personal information about you in order to provide personalised mobile telecommunications and information services.
The personal information you provide to TravelSIM will enhance the products and services that we offer you.
The type of personal information we collect may include your name, address, telephone numbers, information on how you use our products and services (such as the type, date, time, location and duration of calls, messages or other mobile communications, the numbers you call and how much you spend, and information on your browsing activity when visiting one of our websites), and personal preferences.
This information helps us develop products and services to suit your needs.
How TravelSIM may use your Personal Information
The personal information you provide TravelSIM may be used for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include:
- processing your orders or applications
- carrying out credit checking and scoring (unless we have agreed otherwise)
- providing you with products and/or services requested
- administering your account
- dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities
- carrying out market and product analysis and marketing our products and services generally
- contacting you about our companies` products and services
- registering your details and allocating or offering you rewards, discounts or other benefits and fulfilling any requests or requirements you may have in respect of our loyalty or reward programmes and other similar schemes; and
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution.
We may also use your personal information for purposes related to those described above which would be reasonably expected by you. For example, we may use your personal information to keep you informed about features of our telecommunications services or conducting analysis in order to provide better service to you or publish testimonials submitted by you.
Please note that TravelSIM will still need to send you essential information about your account or changes to your service.
We will not use your information for purposes other than described above unless we have your consent or there are specified law enforcement or public health and safety reasons.
Sharing your Personal Information
TravelSIM may disclose or receive personal information or documents about you to/from:
- credit providers or credit reporting agencies for the purposes permitted under the Privacy Act
- law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention of criminal activities
- our service and content providers, dealers and agents, for purposes that are related to providing you with a telecommunications service which would be reasonably expected.
Unless you consent, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties, other than those who have contracted with TravelSIM to keep the information confidential, or who are subject to obligations to protect your personal information.
Security of your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
How to access your Personal Information
Upon your request, TravelSIM will take reasonable steps to let you know, generally, what sort of personal information we hold, for what purposes and how we collect, use and disclose that information.
Upon your request, TravelSIM will provide access to your personal information we hold, except in certain prescribed circumstances, including emergency situations, specified business imperatives and law enforcement or other public interests.